KID’S “BUY BACK” SNOW PROGRAM
When you purchase your children’s ski equipment from us and we’ll give you a 15% discount straight up, then when they grow out of it bring it back and we will give you a credit towards your next purchase of children’s ski equipment of up to 40% of the original value paid.
This program is designed to help local parents get their kids skiing and snowboarding in equipment that meets their needs at an affordable price and help ease the financial burden that inevitably accompanies their children’s growth. We understand the competing goals parents have of putting their kids in equipment that fits right, is suitable for their ability, maximizes their potential and getting them equipment, they won’t outgrow (in size or ability) in one season.
The BASE Buy Back program is designed to go beyond the beginner level and give parents the confidence to know they’re getting value in the investment they are making in their children’s equipment today and for two following seasons. This program applies to all junior size boots, bindings, skis and snowboards sold at BASE with the exception of Junior Race equipment.
The program does not require a package purchase and any piece that is saleable is eligible for trade-in. (i.e., if the skis still work and the boots don’t fit, trade in the boots and keep the skis for another season.)
How it works:
- Families get new equipment at 15% off. Generally, we fit the boots about a size bigger for most kids.
- Next winter you get 40% credit back on the original price paid on each item returned (boots, skis or snowboard), then another 15% off on new stuff which is essentially 55% off in total. (Goods must be returned 7 days before the Wanaka Easter sale to either the Wanaka or Queenstown store).
- Return after 2 winters use and you get 20% credit back.
After 2 winters you can save about 35% off the retail price. Our program works really well for families with more than one child, where you trade down through the family, mainly just getting new boots every year and handing down skis/snowboards to brothers and sisters near the same age.
Terms and conditions:
When you sign up to the BASE “Buy Back” program it instantly qualifies you for a 15% discount off your junior hardware purchases (skis, snowboards, and boots).
All qualified junior equipment comes with a buyback value. Junior equipment purchased in the current season and returned a week before the Easter sale the following season, will receive a BASE in-store credit for 40% of their original purchase.
Junior equipment returned before Easter after 2 seasons will receive a BASE in-store credit for 20% of their original purchase.
All returned equipment must be clean and in resalable condition. Normal wear is expected, however excessive wear or damage may make some items not eligible for return. If repairs are necessary to bring equipment to saleable condition, repair costs may be deducted from trade-in value. A basic tune-up and binding check will be done on all trade-in merchandise as part of the program at no additional cost.
Examples of excessive wear or damage include (but are not limited to): any gouges to the base or top sheet of a ski or board that expose core material, bent or broken edges, delaminating tips or tails, bent or broken binding parts (including brakes that cannot be repaired), missing screws, missing or broken binding windows, broken buckles or straps, ripped linings or broken boas or boot eyelets, toes or heels worn beyond binding specification.
Parents of Park Kids – kids that ride hard in the park, grinding rails and boxes, sliding rainbows, and hitting kickers should understand that normal wear and tear for this category is often excessive and will frequently render equipment not suitable for resale, therefore not eligible for trade-in. Until they create a bomb proof edge and sidewall, that could be the price of keeping your kids away from their X-box all winter.
- Equipment must be returned a week before Easter of the upcoming ski season to the Wanaka or Queenstown stores.
- Buy Back value is based on normal wear and tear.
- Money will be refunded by a store credit to be used towards your next piece of children’s snow hardware (skis, snowboards, or boots)
- This program ends at the age of 14 or when Adult sizes become necessary
- You must retain the original receipt.
- No cash refunds will be given.
- The scheme will not apply to secondhand ski or snowboard equipment purchased through BASE.
- Ski poles are not included in this scheme.
- Kids must be present for sizing
If you would like more information, feel free to come in store and speak to one of our staff members.