Smith Quantum MIPS Helmet 2020Regular price $579.90 Sale price $405.93 Save $173.97
Smith Quantum Mips Helemet 2020
The Quantum is protection with maximum horsepower. Using Aerocore construction featuring Koroyd and Smith's innovative Exoskeleton design to provide increased protection in side-impact zones, this is the helmet for athletes pushing the limits on the mountain. The Wayfinder strap system featuring Fidlock is functional simplicity, making it easy to use one hand for on and off buckle use. For the most custom fit, the Quantum offers the Boa 360 fit system with a 360 halo design. Combine all this with the Smith-pioneered AirEvac technology for superior goggle integration. The Quantum delivers maximum protection and functionality for use in the most critical situations.
- Aerocore construction featuring Koroyd
- Hybrid shell construction
- Exoskeleton zonal-impact protection
- Low-profile dual regulator adjustable climate control
- 22 vents
- MIPS system
- Adjustable BoaTM FS360 fit system
- XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining
- Fidlock buckle
- Removable earpads
- AirEvac2 ventilation
- Removable ultra-light goggle lock
- Weight (Size M) 23oz / 650 grams
- Certification: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B
- Outdoor Tech audio systems available
What is Mips?
MIPS is used to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact. Smith helmets are created to absorb direct impacts very efficiently and when combined with MIPS, Smith helmets absorb oblique forces better by allowing a small rotation of the outer shell relative to the liner.